- 1 What does Udon Thani mean in Thai?
- 2 Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
- 3 Is Udon Thani a good place to live?
- 4 How do I get from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
- 5 What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
- 6 How do I get to Udon Thani?
- 7 What is open in Udon Thani?
- 8 How do I get from Vientiane to Udon Thani?
- 9 Where is Udon Thailand?
What does Udon Thani mean in Thai?
Udon Thani is said to mean ‘northern city’. Thani means ‘city’.
Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
Presently, Udon Thani is an important cultural and religious hub of Thailand, known for Buddhist temple complex, pagoda, lakes and sprawling orchid farms. Other than this, there are plethora of exciting and fun things to do in Udon Thani that make the holiday worth in every aspect.
Is Udon Thani a good place to live?
For those who like the quiet life, Udon Thani City strikes me as the best option in all of Isaan and in many ways it stands up well when compared to those places all over Thailand with a resident farang population. The Udon locals are genuinely friendly, truly some of the nicest people in Thailand.
How do I get from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
The best way to get from Bangkok to Udon Thani is to fly which takes 2h 41m and costs ฿800 – ฿1700. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs ฿430 – ฿600 and takes 8h, you could also train, which costs ฿180 – ฿1500 and takes 8h 35m.
What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
To throw a small spanner in the works, the people in Udon Thani and surrounding areas speak Issan, a slightly different version of the Thai language, although any Thai from any part of the country will understand what is being said (no different to England).
How do I get to Udon Thani?
Bangkok to Udon Thani by Bus To get there, simply take the MRT subway to Kamphaeng Phet Station and from there a motorbike taxi (40 Baht) to the bus station. The alternative is a taxi ( make sure your driver turns on the meter), it’s about 150 Baht from Sukhumvit or 180 Baht from Khaosan.
What is open in Udon Thani?
10 THINGS TO DO IN UDON THANI
- Kham Chanot (คำชะโนด)
- Red Lotus sea (ทะเลบัวแดง)
- Wat Pa Phu Kon (วัดป่าภูก้อน)
- Phu Phra Bat Historical Park (อุทยานประวัติศาสตร์ภูพระบาท)
- Wat PhothiSomphon (วัดโพธิสมภรณ์)
- Wat Pa Ban Tat (วัดป่าบ้านตาด)
- Walking Street (ถนนคนเดิน)
- Ban Na Kha Textile Market (ตลาดผ้าบ้านนาข่า)
How do I get from Vientiane to Udon Thani?
The cost-effective way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane is to bus, which costs ฿50 – ฿80 and takes 3h. What is the fastest way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane? The quickest way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane is to bus which costs ฿50 – ฿80 and takes 3h.
Where is Udon Thailand?
Location. Udon is approximately 560 km from Bangkok. It is a major official and commercial center in northern Isan, Thailand, and the gateway to Laos, northern Vietnam, and southern China.