- 1 Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
- 2 What does Udon Thani mean in Thai?
- 3 How far is Udon Thani from Chiang Mai?
- 4 How do I get to Udon Thani?
- 5 What is open in Udon Thani?
- 6 Which country is Udon Thani?
- 7 Is Udon Thani a good place to live?
- 8 What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
- 9 Where is Udon Thailand?
- 10 Can I travel from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
Presently, Udon Thani is an important cultural and religious hub of Thailand, known for Buddhist temple complex, pagoda, lakes and sprawling orchid farms. Other than this, there are plethora of exciting and fun things to do in Udon Thani that make the holiday worth in every aspect.
What does Udon Thani mean in Thai?
Udon Thani is said to mean ‘northern city’. Thani means ‘city’.
How far is Udon Thani from Chiang Mai?
The distance between Udon Thani and Chiang Mai is 430 km.
How do I get to Udon Thani?
Bangkok to Udon Thani by Bus To get there, simply take the MRT subway to Kamphaeng Phet Station and from there a motorbike taxi (40 Baht) to the bus station. The alternative is a taxi ( make sure your driver turns on the meter), it’s about 150 Baht from Sukhumvit or 180 Baht from Khaosan.
What is open in Udon Thani?
10 THINGS TO DO IN UDON THANI
- Kham Chanot (คำชะโนด)
- Red Lotus sea (ทะเลบัวแดง)
- Wat Pa Phu Kon (วัดป่าภูก้อน)
- Phu Phra Bat Historical Park (อุทยานประวัติศาสตร์ภูพระบาท)
- Wat PhothiSomphon (วัดโพธิสมภรณ์)
- Wat Pa Ban Tat (วัดป่าบ้านตาด)
- Walking Street (ถนนคนเดิน)
- Ban Na Kha Textile Market (ตลาดผ้าบ้านนาข่า)
Which country is Udon Thani?
Udon Thani (อุดรธานี, also Udorn Thanee) is a city in the Isaan (Northeastern) region of Thailand. Often referred to as simply Udon or Udorn (อุดร), the city should not be confused with Ubon Ubon Ratchathani in southeastern Isaan.
Is Udon Thani a good place to live?
For those who like the quiet life, Udon Thani City strikes me as the best option in all of Isaan and in many ways it stands up well when compared to those places all over Thailand with a resident farang population. The Udon locals are genuinely friendly, truly some of the nicest people in Thailand.
What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
To throw a small spanner in the works, the people in Udon Thani and surrounding areas speak Issan, a slightly different version of the Thai language, although any Thai from any part of the country will understand what is being said (no different to England).
Where is Udon Thailand?
Location. Udon is approximately 560 km from Bangkok. It is a major official and commercial center in northern Isan, Thailand, and the gateway to Laos, northern Vietnam, and southern China.
Can I travel from Bangkok to Udon Thani?
Flights from Bangkok to Udon Thani depart during the day – there are approximately 1 departures a day. Buses start plying the route from 19:30 – you can also take a bus as late as 21:45. There are 1 available bus trips every day.